It is important to have strict control over the point of sale process. Agents deal with cash, and both the agents and the company need to know that the agent fully accounts for all monies on a daily or shift basis.
Sample daily point of sale procedure
- When a day or a shift starts up, the agent enters the float via the Retail Transactions function.
- Run the Start Trading Session transaction via the Retail Transaction function.
- Specify the trading session duration.
- As the agent processes sales and returns, the system keeps track of the monies moving into and out of the till.
- The agent should process all other movements of monies into or out of the till via the Retail Transactions function, using the appropriate transaction type, which would be one of the following: